Tiffany Alexander, MD
What are your career interests?
General dermatology, hair disorders, ethnic skin, global health
Why did you choose Duke for residency training?
I was fascinated with all of the subspecialty clinics that Duke dermatology has to offer. I believe that Duke will leave me fully prepared. Additionally, Duke has a genuine interest in increasing diversity, a southern hospitality charm and collegial atmosphere that makes the environment easy to work in.
Education & Training
Undergraduate: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Biology, 2011
Medical School: Howard University College of Medicine, MD, 2017
Internship: University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2017-2018
Awards & Honors
- Ashe Memorial Student Research Award and Scholarship 2016-2017
- Hampton Barker Memorial Scholarship 2016-2017
- Medicine Ambrose Monell Scholarship 2016-2017
- North American Hair Research Society Mentorship Grant 2016
- Health Focus of Southwest Virginia Scholarship 2015-2016
- Lee Gill Cancer Research Scholarship 2014-2015
- American Academy of Dermatology Diversity Mentorship Program Recipient 2014
- Alexander T. (2018, May). “Dermatomyositis associated with rapidly progressive lung disease and pulmonary embolism.” American College of Physicians Maryland Region Annual Associates Meeting. Baltimore, MD
- Alexander T, Eid M, Dreiling JL, Lee CR, Filie AC, Heery CR and Brownell I. (2016, March). “Malignant ascites arising during immunotherapy for Merkel cell carcinoma.” Gross and Microscopic Symposium at the 74th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. Washington, DC.
- Subash J, Alexander T, Beamer V, McMichael A. “A Proposed Mechanism for Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia.” Experimental Dermatology. 2018; 0 (0)
- Nguyen J, Alexander T, Hong J, Hill N, Abdullaev Z, Pack S, Hsu A, Holland S, Hickstein D and Brownell I. “Melanoma in Patients with GATA2 Deficiency.” Pigment Cell & Melanoma Research. 2018; 31 (2): 337-340
- Alexander T, Maxim E, Cardwell L, Chawla A, Feldman SR. “Prescriptions for atopic dermatitis: oral corticosteroids remain commonplace.” Journal of Dermatological Treatment. 2017; 0 (0)
- Alexander T, Tran B, Chen W, Maiberger M. “Segmental neurofibromatosis: a report of a rare entity.” Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association. 2017; 9 (2) 85-87
- Tran B, Alexander T, Chen W, Maiberger M. “Erythema induratum: a report of a rare entity.” Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association. 2017; 9 (3) 136-138
- Jobarteh R, Alexander T, Tran B, Maiberger M . “Tinea Versicolor” Consultant 360. 2017; 57 (9): 568-570
- Tuchayi SM, Alexander TM, Nadkarni A, Feldman SR. “Interventions to increase adherence to acne treatment.” Patient Preference and Adherence. 2016; 10: 2091-2096
- Tran B, Alexander T, Somani AK. “Biochemical Pathways and Targeted Therapies in Basal Cell Carcinoma.” Journal of Surgical Dermatology. 2016; 2 (1) 23-34
- Alexander, T and Cohen, B. “Boy's Papule Develops Lymphangitic Streak.” Contemporary Pediatrics 2016; 33 (2): 46-48