Megan Casady, MD
What are your career interests?
General dermatology, women’s health
Why did you choose Duke for residency training?
I was initially drawn to Duke for the strong academic reputation, but when I came to the interview I was even more impressed with the camaraderie among the department. The faculty are incredibly supportive and I could not ask for a better group of co-residents. I am thrilled that I chose a program where I will finish with not only a top-notch education, but also with life-long friends, colleagues, and mentors.
Education & Training
Undergraduate: Virginia Tech, BS Biology, 2011
Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine , M.D., 2015
Internship: Transitional year, Medstar Harbor Hospital, 2015-2016
Awards & Honors
- Clinical Educator Academic Track
- Resident Liaison, Women's Dermatologic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- Carolyn J. Pass, MD '66 Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance in Dermatology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Dr. Emmett and Ruth A. Light Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Hetrick Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Bluma Beanstock Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Dr. Samuel E. Einhorn Scholarship, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Liu J, Casady M, Paral K, Powers J (in press). Pseudoangiomatous Stromal Hyperplasia Presenting as an Axillary Mass in a Postmenopausal Woman Undergoing In Vitro Fertilization. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology Case Reports.
- Bittar PG, Casady M, Selim MA, and Prose NS (2017), Chemotherapy-induced eccrine squamous syringometaplasia in an infant. Pediatric Dermatology. 2017 Dec 12.
- Smith S, Casady M, Driscoll MS. Novel mutation in the fumarate hydratase gene in a patient with Reed syndrome. Dermatology Online Journal. 2015 Oct 16;21(10).
- Liu B, Dhanda A, Hirani S, Williams EL, Sen HN, Martinez Estrada F, Ling D, Thompson I, Casady M, Li Z, Si H, Tucker W, Wei L, Jawad S, Sura A, Dailey J, Hannes S, Chen P, Chien JL, Gordon S, Lee RW, Nussenblatt RB. CD14++CD16+ Monocytes Are Enriched by Glucocorticoid Treatment and Are Functionally Attenuated in Driving Effector T Cell Responses. Journal of Immunology. 2015 Jun 1;194(11):5150-60.
- Dalal M, Casady M, Moriarty E, Faia L, Nussenblatt R, Chan CC, Sen HN. Diagnostic Procedures in Vitreoretinal Lymphoma. Ocular Immunology and Inflammation. 2013 Dec 30.
- Casady M, Faia L, Nazemzadeh M, Nussenblatt R, Chan CC, Sen HN. Fundus Autofluorescence Patterns in Primary Intraocular Lymphoma. Retina. 2013 Aug 16.
- Anderson RG, Casady MS, Fee RA, Vaughan MM, Deb D, Fedkenheuer K, Huffaker A, Schmelz EA, Tyler BM, McDowell JM. Homologous RXLR effectors from Hyaloperonospora arabidopsidis and Phytophthora sojae suppress immunity in distantly related plants. The Plant Journal. 2012 Jun 18.
- Hu M, Liu B, Jawad S, Ling D, Casady M, Wei L, Nussenblatt RB. C5a contributes to intraocular inflammation by affecting retinal pigment epithelial cells and immune cells. British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2011 Dec; 95(12):1738-44.
Poster and Oral Presentations
- Casady M, Norton D. Morbidity and Mortality. Duke University Department of Dermatology Grand Rounds. 15 November 2017.
- Casady M. Erythromelalgia. Duke-UNC Dermatology Conference. 9 November 2017.
- Casady M. Systemic Contact Dermatitis and the Role of Avoidance Diets. Duke-UNC Dermatology Conference. 12 October 2017.
- Casady M, Burton C. Bevacizumab injection for epistaxis in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting Poster Exhibit. 5 March 2017.
- Casady M. Epidermotropic Metastatic Melanoma Mimicking Melanoma in Situ. Duke-UNC Dermatology Conference. 9 February 2017.
- Casady M. Chronic, Relapsing Sweet’s Syndrome. Duke-UNC Dermatology Conference. 11 November 2016.
- Casady M. An Emerging Cause of Hyperpigmentation. Duke-UNC Dermatology Conference. 13 October 16.
- Casady M, Smith S, Gaspari A. 2014. Chronic Neutrophilic Dermatosis (Atypical Sweet’s Syndrome). Maryland Dermatologic Society: Fall 2014 Meeting.
- Casady M, Liu B, Katamay R, Nussenblatt R. 2011. The Effect of Immunosuppression Agents on Human Monocytes. National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day, 2011.
- Casady M, Moriarty E, Chan CC, Nussenblatt R, Sen N. 2010. Fundus Autofluorescence Changes in Patients with Intraocular Lymphoma. National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day, 2010.
- Casady M, Liu B, Nussenblatt R. 2009. The Complement System and Inflammation in Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells. National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day, 2009.
- Casady M, Liu B, Forooghian F, Li Z, Nussenblatt R. 2008. Nuclear Factor-Kappa B Activation in Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells After Avastin Treatment. National Institutes of Health Summer Research Program Poster Day, 2008.