Diana Norton, MD
What are your career interests?
Why did you choose Duke for residency training?
I have no doubt that Duke will prepare me well for whatever path I choose to pursue in dermatology. The program is committed to my education and I wouldn’t hesitate to ask any faculty member if I need help. I’m delighted to be here.
Education & Training
Undergraduate: Duke University, BS Biology, 2011
Medical School: Duke University School of Medicine, MD, 2015
Internship: Internal Medicine, University of Hawaii, 2015-2016
Awards & Honors
• 1st place resident presentation at the NC Dermatology Association conference. July 2017.
• 1st place resident presentation at the NC Dermatology Association conference. January 2017.
• Preliminary intern of the year and medical student teaching award, University of Hawaii Internal Medicine Residency Program, Honolulu, Hawaii. June 2016.
• Duke-NUS research scholarship for ten-month funding to study dengue virus vaccine attenuation with Dr. Eng Eong Ooi at Duke-NUS medical school. January 2014.
• Norton D, Paral K, Selim A, and Cardones, A. "Vasculitis and vasculopathy: a rare cause of cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa requiring immunosuppression and anticoagulation". Poster at the Medical Dermatology Society meeting at the American Academy of Dermatology, San Diego, CA. February 2018.
• Norton D, and Prose N. "A rare branchial cleft abnormality". Poster at the NC Dermatology Association conference, Charleston, SC. January 2018.
• Norton D, Rao C, and Cardones, A. "Call for help: two patients declining care for acral melanomas". Poster at the Skin of Color conference, Leesburg, VA. November 2017.
• Norton D, Selim A, and Nicholas M. "Big blistering bug bites of blood badness". Poster at the Southeaster Consortium conference, Augusta, GA. November 2017.
• Norton D and Burton C. "Rare cause of breast ulceration: diffuse dermal angiomatosis". Oral presentation at the NC Dermatology Association conference, Hot Springs, VA. July 2017.
• Norton D, Rao C, and Vollmer R. “Malignancy associated with lymphomatoid papulosis”. Oral presentation at the NC Dermatology Association conference, Charlotte, NC. January 2017.
• Goh KCM, Tang CK, Norton DC, Gan ES, Tan HC, et al. Molecular determinants of plaque size as an indicator of dengue virus attenuation (2016). Nature Scientific Reports 6. doi:10.1038/srep26100
• Leung W, Shaffer CD, Reek LK...Norton D..., et al. (2015) Drosophila Muller F Elements Maintain a Distinct Set of Genomic Properties Over 40 Million Years of Evolution. G3 5. doi: 10.1534/g3.114015966
• O'Meara TR, Norton D, Price MS, Hay C, Clements MF, et al. (2010) Interaction of Cryptococcus neoformans Rim101 and Protein Kinase A Regulates Capsule. PLoS Pathog 6(2): e1000776. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1000776