- To train dermatology residents to become excellent clinicians who practice medicine with the highest of ethical standards.
- To develop the next generation of leaders in academic and clinical dermatology.
- To train students and other physicians in basic care of patients with skin disease.
- To provide continuing education to dermatologists in our department and community.
- To develop new knowledge that advances skin biology through basic research.
- To develop the specialty of dermatology and care of patients with skin disease through translational and clinical research.
- To develop the means to allow new knowledge to be utilized by patients and physicians beyond Duke.
- To provide the highest quality care for patients with skin disease.
- To provide compassionate service to all patients.
- To help provide care to those with limited access to dermatologic care.
- To adhere to the highest ethical standards in all of our individual and collective work.
- To developing an environment that values individual creativity and freedom and supports and respects each individual’s goals and aspirations.
- To develop an efficient, cost-effective clinic that supports the financial and intellectual growth of the faculty.